We know that home has become more than just where the heart is. Our homes have had to work much harder for us as we turn our usual routine upside down. Many of us have been working, exercising, baking (banana bread anyone?), and spending more time with family within our own four walls. It is no surprise that our buyers now have different requirements for their next home than they had just a few months ago.
After reviewing all our recent most viewed properties, alongside Rightmove’s search data, we’ve compiled a list of buyers’ current top five demands.
1. Garden – Although the more beautiful weather seems to have been short-lived, it has not stopped prospective buyers from searching for their comfortable outside space. Interestingly, there are not only buyers after a luscious lawn, but many also view properties online with an additional outdoor seating area. Dog Kennel Hill, Kiveton Park Station, has a stunning patio area, which the current owners have made complete with outdoor rattan furniture. This property on Old Hall Close, Todwick has a large rear garden complete with a patio area with plenty of room for the whole family.
2. Space to Work at Home – Now, more than ever, we know that having the best home environment is crucial. According to Rightmove, a bigger home is the second top priority in looking for a new home. This comes as no surprise with the move to working from home. This property on Broomhill Road, Old Whittington, has perfect opportunities to have not one, but two office spaces. Similarly, this property on Bradfield Way in Waverley offers ample office space, perfect for those working from home days.
3. Contemporary Styling – Modern décor certainly seems to be sought after by buyers following the lockdown period. Perhaps being less able to purchase decorating supplies from retailers over the last few months has encouraged buyers to look for properties that are seemingly ‘done’ before moving in. Stanley Grove, Aston has been finished to an impeccable standard by the current owner, including a boutique hotel style in the master bedroom with a window seat and walk-in wardrobe. Sky-House, Waverley, is a unique development of new homes, with contemporary living spaces that are ready to move into.
4. Parking/Garaging – While we’ve not been using our cars as much in the week, they’ve become a lifesaver for being able to get out and experience the amazing outdoors Sheffield, Chesterfield and our surrounding areas have to offer. Located on Highfield Avenue in Newbold, this three-bedroom semi-detached home boasts plenty of off-road parking and a garage for good measure. This former school house in Langwith is one not to be missed, benefitting from a stunning gated driveway that leads down to a great garage with space for four cars.
5. Garden Rooms/Conservatories – An impressive amount of our recent most viewed properties featured conservatories. Perfect for connecting your home to your garden or creating an interior ambience, these added rooms can provide the ideal space to unwind. Rectory Drive, Wingerworth effortlessly fulfils these criteria, the added space is calm and inviting while also drawing attention to the rear garden. This home on Hartington Road, Millhouses has used the conservatory to create an additional living/dining space attached to the kitchen.
If your buying requirements have changed over recent weeks, or if you would like to register for a bespoke match of Redbrik properties, get in touch with our expert team!