An internal inspection is essential to appreciate the standard of accommodation in this truly
magnificent, stone-built, family home. Believed to date back to 1659, this strikingly attractive residence, with its Georgian facade, is set in manicured gardens and enjoys far reaching views. Combining the sought after mix of period features from a 17th Century property, with high quality appointments expected of a 21st Century home, this beautifully dwelling has been effectively extended and offers real flexibility of use.
ADDITIONALINFORMATION An internal inspection is essential to fully appreciate the standard of accommodation available in this truly magnificent, stone-built, four double bedroom family home.
Believed to date back to 1659, this strikingly attractive residence, with its Georgian facade, is set in manicured gardens and enjoys far reaching views to countryside. Combining the sought after mix of period features from a 17th Century property, with high quality appointments expected of a 21st Century home, this beautifully presented dwelling has been effectively extended and offers real flexibility of use.
The property has an impressive history and was originally built for Francis Hardy, but was latterly owned by Mr. William Waller who was George Stevenson's Chief Engineer. It is understood to have been first extended in 1661, then again in the early 1800's and more recently the current owners have modernised and altered the layout to add a contemporary feel to this wonderful historic home, which has been superbly maintained with genuine care and affection.
The deep reception hall, with a recently fitted grand Oak staircase and floor provides a fine entrance to the property. The Drawing Room and Sitting Room have front facing full height bay windows and grand 17th Century fireplaces, the Sitting Room's fire place shows a 1661 date stone.
The heart of the home is the Kitchen, which is open-plan to the Garden Room and adjacent to the family room, is fitted with cream fronted framed units, granite surfacing, travertine tiling and a Rangemaster oven. The triple aspect Garden Room provides an excellent entertaining space overlooking the rear garden. As well as the living spaces, there are practical features which include a generous Study, a Utility Room and ground floor Cloakroom / W.C..
To the first floor the beautiful Galleried Landing leads to all four Bedrooms and the contemporary Family Bathroom / W.C.. The recently commissioned Master Suite with en-suite are luxurious editors, with free standing bath and walk-in wardrobe. A second staircase rises from the rear Hall to the landing area adjacent to the Master Suite.
Situated just South of the Village in a semi-rural location, the house is set well back from the road. A broad limestone graveled driveway, with turning circle, provides parking for numerous vehicles and access to the double garage. The garage doors are electrically operated and there is also a useful garden store to the side.
To the rear of the house there is a stone flagged terrace that is ideal for entertaining and alfresco dining. There is a substantial lawn, well-stocked flower borders and fruit trees, including Apple, Pear and Plum.